Lawbench will load in a few seconds

Continue to Lawbench


I have lived in the US on F1 and H1 visas from 2012 up until Dec 2020. I moved to Canada as a Canadian Permanent Resident and started working in Canada beginning Jan 2021. My wife lives and works in the US on H1-B visa. In 2021 I got US H-4 Visa, and I spent 4 months in the US on spousal H4 visa. My wife already filed tax returns in the US as "Married-Filed-Separate". I was wondering if I need to file tax returns in the US for the year 2021. Of course, my income and taxes were in Canada and I filed returns there.

User's Location: Medford, Alabama, United States of America

Category: General Immigration