It is not a requirement to include a cover letter for Form I-129F, but it might be useful to in helping support your case if you have any unusual circumstances or need to clarify the details about your case. The cover letter will include the statement of intent to marry with the list of all the supporting documents you will be attaching with your application. The cover letter will act as a table of contents of what’s included in your submission package.
[insert name, petitioner]
[insert address, petitioner]
(Appropriate USCIS Address)
Re: I-129F Petition for K-1 Visa
Petitioner: [insert name]
Beneficiary: [insert name]
To Whom it May Concern
I am submitting an I-129F Petition for K-1 Visa as the petitioner, on behalf of my fiancé [insert name], who is the beneficiary.
We met within the past two years on [insert date], while I was visiting [insert place].
We have since maintained a romantic relationship, and intend to get married on [insert date].
Enclosed please find the following supporting documents:
- Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancé for [insert name]
- Application fee of $535 via (money order, personal check, cashier's check, or Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions)
- G-1145 Notification of Application Acceptance
- Statement of Circumstances of Meeting
- Proof of meeting within the last 2 years:
- airline tickets
- Copies of passport stamps to [insert country]
- Hotel Reservation
- Proof of relationship:
- communication transcripts (text messages, emails, online chats)
- Letter of Intent to Marry within 90 days, executed by petitioner and beneficiary
- Proof of United States Citizenship
- Divorce decree and documentation
- Documentation of IMBRA requirements or criminal history
- Proof of Beneficiary's US Travel (e.g. approved I-94)
- Two Passport sized photos (petitioner, beneficiary)
Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I agree to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date, if required.
All of the above documents are true unaltered copies, that have been dated, executed, and translated if applicable.
Please note, originals are available upon request. I can be contacted at [insert address] should there be any questions, or requests for additional information.
Thank you kindly for time and consideration in this matter.
[insert printed name]
The sample documents provided here are for informational purposes only and to be utilized at the user’s discretion. These act as a guide only and the content within these are to be customized as per requirement. While Lawbench covers general guidelines, it does not guarantee access to visas or ensure entry into the United States of America or assure any other form of privileges. Lawbench and its affiliates are not responsible for any losses or damages that may arise from having used these sample documents.