Law bench has created a sample cover letter to help you file Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. You are not required to include a cover letter with your application. However, an N-400 cover letter can be helpful to collate or need to clarify details about your case. Your cover letter should include vital information such as your name and alien registration number.
[Applicant's Full Name]
[City, State, and Zip Code]
[address to be determined based on where the applicant lives, and method of mailing e.g. USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL]
Re: Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
Applicant: [Your Full Name]
A-Number: [Your Alien Registration Number]
To Whom It May Concern
On [insert date], I was approved for Permanent Residency. However, I now desire approval for naturalization as a United States citizen. I have 5 years of continuous verifiable permanent residency in the United States. Furthermore, I've been physically present in the United States for 30 months. Enclosed please find the following supporting documents required to apply for naturalization:
- Check (No. xxxxx) in the amount of $725 representing the $640 filing fee and $85 biometrics fee; or Form G-1450 [Authorization for Credit Card Transactions];
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization;
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance;
- Photocopies of front and back of Permanent Resident Card, A-Number XXXXXXXXX;
- Photocopy of marriage certificate
- Photocopy of spouse's birth certificate
- IRS tax return transcript for last 3 years (2016 - 2018); and
- Any other supporting documents required per the Document Checklist or Form N-400's instructions pertinent to your case.
I hereby request that this agency process my Application for Naturalization at the earliest convenience. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at [insert address]. Thank you kindly for your time, as well as consideration rendered in my case.
The sample documents provided here are for informational purposes only and to be utilized at the user’s discretion. These act as a guide only and the content within these are to be customized as per requirement. While Lawbench covers general guidelines, it does not guarantee access to visas or ensure entry into the United States of America or assure any other form of privileges. Lawbench and its affiliates are not responsible for any losses or damages that may arise from having used these sample documents.