Lawbench will load in a few seconds

Continue to Lawbench


I am a Finnish citizen living and working in Los Angeles, California on an H1-B work visa. My husband has a work project that requires us to move to Hawaii for 5 or 6 months, at which time we will be moving back to California. I would still be working for the company sponsoring my H1-B visa during this time, but would be doing so remotely. My sponsor business is located in LA and I am currently working remotely from home in LA. I am wanting to know if I require an H1-B amendment in order to make this temporary 6 month move to Hawaii, or if I would still be considered a resident of California and this isn't necessary. We won't be keeping our LA address during this time and will move our belongings into storage. For further context, my husband is a Canadian screenwriter and is in the US on an O-1 visa sponsored through his agency. I believe he is allowed to change states without an amendment, but I am not able to go onto his visa and still work, so I need to keep my H1-B visa. Thanks so much for your help. Tyler

User's Location: Los Angeles, Alabama, United States of America

Category: H1B Visa (Work Visa)