Lawbench will load in a few seconds

Continue to Lawbench


Hello, I have a question regarding my H1B visa. I am employed in US but went to India in Jan 2020 for a vacation and stuck there due to covid. My employer filed my H1 in 2020 when I was in India. It got picked in lottery and then H1 got approved in consular processing. Now I am waiting for consulates in India for Visa stamping but consulates are closed . If I travel on H4 in feb/march, will I still be able to apply Change of Status after going to US on H4 for the petition that got picked in 2020 ? the question why am asking this is because 2021 petitions will start by April so will I still be able to apply cos when those petitions start is my question

User's Location: Hyderabad, Alabama, India

Category: H1B Visa (Work Visa)