I applied for my H1B extension (Premium Service) on Sep 9th 2008 and received receipt no from Vermont. Current status of this case is still "case received and pending". My VISA and I-94 expired on Sep 30th 2008. When my company contacted USCIS about this (along with 4 other petitions from our company) via email, USCIS responded saying all 5 cases are under required security check. I am worried about the 240 day limit. So, if I apply for H1B transfer with another company what are the chances of getting an approval in time given the pending security check on my existing extension petition? Do I have better chance to get an approval on H1B transfer if I apply it from a different service center than Vermont? Are there any other options apart from waiting on the current case?

User's Location: Shakopee, Minnesota, United States of America

Category: H1B Visa (Work Visa)