MY son is on visitor visa in US and planning to change the status to student visa. Should he be stepping out of the country to get the stamp or he can do it from here?what is the difference in the two scenarios in terms of duration/cost and likelihood of getting approved.

User's Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States of America

Category: F1 Visa (Student Visa)