Lawbench will load in a few seconds

Continue to Lawbench


I am a Finnish citizen living and working in Los Angeles, California on an H1-B work visa. My husband (on an o-1 visa) has some temporary work in Hawaii, so we were planning to temporarily relocate there but keep our Los Angeles residence. Is it possible for me to work remotely from Hawaii temporarily on an H1-B visa without an H1-B amendment if we plan to return? Could this be considered a vacation or a work trip? If so how long can this be done for without needing an H1-B amendment? Ideally we were aiming for 3-6 months. Thanks so much for your help.

User's Location: Los Angeles, Alabama, United States of America

Category: Employment-based Green Card