Loading…

Question

I'm in the process of waiting for a green card which is almost done - I-140 was approved, I-485 was filled and I've just received an RFE for a new medical exam. However, I am seriously considering not to pursue it anymore and to move back to my home country in the next couple of months for personal reasons. It is my understanding that if I were to do that I can either not respond to the RFE and withdraw my application or do the medical, get the green card and then give it back before I leave. I'm currently in pending immigrant status so once I withdraw the application, I would leave immediately. Would there be a preferred course of action? If I come back would probably want to continue to come back to the US about once a year for vacation/work. I may also apply for future short-term non-immigrant visas (J) for short (a couple of months) research visits. There is a very small but possible chance of me pursuing a green card again in the future, but not in the next 5-10 years. If I leave I will have strong ties to my home country, I own an apartment, all of my family lives there, I will get a job etc. Can you please advise how to proceed, if I decide to come back home? Thank you.

User's Location: Menlo Park, California, United States of America

Category: Employment-based Green Card