Lawbench will load in a few seconds

Continue to Lawbench


We applied i-539 last August 12, 2021 for my parents aged 71 and 72. Initially we didnt have any plans for them to extend their stay until we decided last minute. USCIS in Dallas Texas received our paper application i-539 & i-539a last Aug 13, 2021 Friday at 5:30PM which the office had already close. We are already on the 2 week waiting period to anticipate atleast a Receipt Number from USCIS so we would know if my parents should leave US Sept 10, 2021 Flight We applied less than a month and USCIS encourage to apply for extension atleast 45 days. I made a call to USCIS today they can only advised me to wait for the receipt number. in NO way can we expedite anything or follow up our application w/o the receipt number. My question can my parents just stay here while we wait for the decision. Can we hold on to this advisory “if you file in a timely manner, nonimmigrants generally do NOT accrue unlawful presence while the timely-filed, non-frivolous application is pending.” If worst comes to worst, we receive a denial we will just schedule for their immediate departure, we do not want to risk their clearance for future visits. Thank you very much for your most valuable reply.

User's Location: La Puente, Alabama, United States of America

Category: B2 Visa (Visitor Visa)