Lawbench will load in a few seconds

Continue to Lawbench
Loading…

Question

Dear Attorneys, My parents came to the US on 27th Nov 2019, and they were given I94 until 27th May. Due to the current COIVD situation, we applied for their extension on 15st April and requested an extension until 24th Nov. They had a biometrics scan on 29 Jul. There B2 visa is valid beyond 2021 This request is still pending but we are thinking of applying for a second extension.My father had high blood pressure before coming to the US, and he has other issues such as obesity, sugar, and BP, etc. Therefore, it is not safe for him to travel as there is a risk due to COVID. 1) Can I apply for the second extension when the first one is still under review? 2) Should I wait for the final decision? If so, how much time would I have after the decision to apply for the extension. If i do not get a decision before 24th Nov, when can i file the second extension. 3) By 24th Nov, their 1 year stay will get completed. So, is the second petition to extend beyond one year reasonable and does USCIS consider these under the current COVID situation? 4) Under what conditions their second petition could be a problem for their future entry into the US?

User's Location: Falls Church, Alabama, United States of America

Category: B2 Visa (Visitor Visa)